Hey There Polished People!
Today is our 12th installment of the nail art challenge! Today’s theme should have been the easiest for me because my motto is pretty much when in doubt, put a chevron on it! However, I just couldn’t come up with anything I deemed unique enough and then ended up with a design that looks like an ugly Christmas sweater circa 1993. Now that I’ve made it sound so lovely, let’s see it! Oh- one more thing. It does include my first indie glitter- Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared! Yay for that!! Okay, now we can see the nails.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Nails (aka: Chevrons)
- Base coat. Never skip this step. Trust me.
- Paint your nails with 3 coats of OPI Kennebunk-Port (for the record this is a really pretty dark red!).
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry completely. You’re going to use tape so those suckers have GOT to be D.R.Y.
- When your nails are perfectly dry, cut a piece of tape (I used blue painter’s tape, you can use whatever) in the shape below and place them on each nail as shown.
- Use Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared to paint the exposed areas of your nails.
- When the glitter is mostly dry, apply a layer of topcoat to slightly smooth it out.
- Use a white striper to trace the lines of the chevron.
- When the white lines are dry, add your final coat of Seche Vite and ta-daaa! You’re done!
Did you notice my lovely white background when I showed the tape on my nails? She makes quite the assistant at times. Let me know how you liked these nails, and if you’re excited for me that I got my first legit indie glitter!! Yayyy for that. What should I layer it over?! Don’t forget to check out everyone else’s awesome chevron nails. Click on the button below to check out their designs and go to their blogs! As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!!
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<img style=”border:0px” src=”http://www.inlinkz.com/wpImg.php?id=191379″>
<!– end InLinkz script –>