Hello There Polished People!
Today is our 11th installment of our challenge! It’s half-moon mani day!!! And it just happens to be a Halloween nails day too! :) I really like my nails today so instead of chatting I just want to get right to them. This idea really came about when Alaina of The Little Canvas asked me if I had any suggestions for her for half-moon mani day. I, of course, drew up some pictures while I was eating lunch and sent them to her. Well, she rejected my idea in favor of her own (which is WAY cute.. you’ll see) but I decided to try one of my ideas which was doing the half-moon as an actual moon and then making a Halloween scene with a creepy Halloween house silhouette in a dark blue gradient sky. I ended up having a stamp that I could use and I got a new polish that was perfect to use as part of the night sky so it all just came together for me. Ready to see it?
Halloween Scene Under A Half Moon Mani
How To Get These Halloween Nails:
- Base coat those bad boys.
- Paint your nails with 2-3 coats of ChG Want My Bawdy.
- Use a sponge to sponge a bit of a gradient starting at the cuticle and fading out about halfway toward the free edge using Ulta Little Black Dress.
- Using Ulta Concrete Evidence and a small brush, paint a very brush-stroke-y half-moon at the cuticle of each nail. (If this is too difficult for you to do, alternately you can paint your nail grey before steps 2 and 3, use a hole reinforcement circle to tape off the half-moon and then continue on from step 2 on.)
- Use BM 305 and Konad special black polish to stamp the design on each nail. Don’t be afraid to let the top of the house overlap the moon.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and impress all the ghouls and boys (yeah.. I know that was lame; it was the best I could do).
If I did these nails again, I would make the background a little less dark, but overall I felt like these nails looked almost exactly like I imagined them. That almost NEVER happens, so excuse me while I pat myself on the back. Haha. :)
Edit: I have entered these into Bundle Monster’s Fright Night nail art contest. Thanks to everyone’s great suggestions these are now named Fright Night on Haunted Hill and you can vote for these nails by clicking here. Thank you so much!! :D
Please let me know if you think these Halloween Nails are as cool as I seem to think! :) I will just cry till my little eyes are red if no on comments on these. You don’t want that now, do you? ;) Be sure to check out the other ladies’ half-moon nails. I know you’ll think they’re amazing. Click on the button below to see a little picture of their nails and go to their blogs. :)
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<img style=”border:0px” src=”http://www.inlinkz.com/wpImg.php?id=191369″>
<!– end InLinkz script –>