Hey There Polished People!
Guess what today is? Well for one it’s the day that the Color Club Halo Hues are finally supposed to be out. Did anyone get them?? PLEASE let me know if you did. I have been so excited about them, but since the date got pushed back for 2 months I’ve lost a little of my excitement. I’d still love to get my hands on them though, so if you were so lucky, please let a girl know Besides that, today is also metallic nails day!! I had the hardest time coming up with a design. I finally came up with something, but I don’t know if I like it very much. It makes me think of Cleopatra for some reason and I think it’d look better on me if I had dark skin. Am I too white for this design? Maybe! Haha. For whatever reason it just doesn’t “wow” me. Darn. Have a peek and see if it looks any better to you.
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. Never skip this step. I used Essie Feed Me.
- Paint your nails with 2 coats of Essie Penny Talk. Apply this carefully, giving plenty of time between coats so you don’t get dragging or streaks.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite to smooth out the color and help it dry quickly.
- When you nails are dry to the touch, use ChG Harvest Moon to add half of a chevron to your nails. Just use the polish brush and make a diagonal swipe up from about halfway down your nail to almost the opposite side of the free edge.
- Use the polish brush in ChG Agro and make the other half of the chevron using the same directions as above on top of the copper chevron half. The green will overlap the copper and that’s ok.
- Use a striping brush to add 2 stripes of ChG Agro on top of ChG Harvest Moon.
- Use a striping brush to add 1 stripe of ChG Harvest Moon on top of ChG Agro.
- When the stripes are fairly dry, add a final coat of Seche Vite and ta daaaa! You got your nails did! ;D
Well I hope you guys liked my metallic nails alright. Let me know what you think in the comments and don’t forget to check out everyone else’s awesome metallic nails! Click on the button below for a sneak peek and to go to their blogs. Alaina offered to let me copy her nails cuz I couldn’t think of anything to do, and now that I see these I kind of wish I had… eh.. maybe next time. Anyway- check out everyone’s cuz they’re bound to be awesome! As always thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<img style=”border:0px” src=”http://www.inlinkz.com/wpImg.php?id=190744″>
<!– end InLinkz script –>