As many of you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I’m sure everyone knows someone who has fought or is fighting this disease. In order to show solidarity and support for Breast Cancer survivors and their families many bloggers are participating in Polish Us Pink. We will be painting our nails pink every Monday in October. If you’d like to participate please click on this link to go to The Subtle Shimmer and read about our inspiration, who helped come up with the idea, etc. Many many people are affected by this so if you’d like to participate you can do so by clicking that link and getting the InLinkz code to embed in your post. Als0, you can participate on Instagram by using the hashtag #PolishUsPink
Day 1 of BCA 2012 Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. For my newly nubbed nails I used Essie Feed Me.
- Paint your nails with Jessica Secret Love. I used 2 coat and really only needed one had I been more careful.
- Using OPI Pink Friday, paint a pink ribbon on the accent nail and add the dots on the rest of the nails.
- Use a white striper or a tiny paintbrush and white polish to outline the ribbon, giving it a heart middle.
- Apply your top coat (Seche Vite for me!) carefully and post it on Instagram using #PolishUsPink
If you’d like more information on Breast Cancer, please click on one of the links below for more information and resources.
Thank you for reading this post. Please remember to do breast self-exams regularly. If caught early Breast Cancer has a much better prognosis so please, as they say, Feel Your Boobies!! Till next time- Happy Polishing!
Click on the button below to see all the other lovely bloggers participating in Polish Us Pink.
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<img style=”border:0px” src=”http://www.inlinkz.com/wpImg.php?id=196585″>
<!– end InLinkz script –>