Hey There Polished People!!
Isn’t it funny how you want a vacation allll year long, and time moves so slow, then you’re finally on vacation and you enjoy it for a while and then are realllly ready to get home. Once you’re home you really enjoy your own bed, bathroom, couch, etc for a week or so and then guess what… I’m ready for vacation again!! The good thing is that we have another weekender trip (to the beach) planned for the end of October but that’s just not the same as a get-out-of-state-and-see-some-stuff 2-week-long road trip. I actually would sacrifice the road trip if I could just go back and see my grandma again before next summer. She’s in her late 80s and seeing her once a year is just not enough. If I could afford it, I’d go back in the spring. I wish I could do that, but we just don’t have the money for that. Well, before I make myself too sad, let’s see a look I did when I finally got around to using my OPI DS Extravagance that I bought while visiting my grandma this summer.
Super Sparkly Diagonal Split Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat. I used Ulta base coat today.
- Paint the bottom half of your nail on a diagonal with OPI DS Extravagance. I’ve been trying to flex my teeny, underdeveloped freehanding muscles so I chose to freehand my line but you could always use tape. If you choose to freehand and you go a little off-course, just use your clean up brush dipped in acetone or remover to clean up your line a little.
- When the bottom halves are done, use WnW Teal of Fortune to paint the top halves on a diagonal. Once you paint the bottom, it’s easy to freehand the top because the tiny ridge of the bottom polish pretty much guides your brush along the proper line. Again, if you don’t feel comfortable with this, let the OPI DS Extravagance dry and use tape.
- After the tops are painted with WnW Teal of Fortune, paint a thin layer of ChG Fairy Dust over Teal of Fortune only to give it a holographic topcoat to somewhat match the look of Extravagance.
- Apply a nice coat of Seche Vite and ta-daaa! Your nails are lovely!
A quick review of OPI DS Extravagance:
Extravagance is a BEAUTIFUL polish!! It’s a saturated berry color with lots of scattered holographic shimmer and a little pink shimmer maybe… anyway it’s super sparkly and even for someone who is not a huge fan of reds/pinks (like moi) it’s stunning. The formula is perfect and the removal is a piece of cake. Even though it has all that shimmer in there, it’s not gritty at all and comes off like a creme. Since it was overcast when I photographed this polish, my pictures do not do this polish justice at all. If you could see it in person, you’d run, not walk, to the nearest computer and order it for yourself. I’m sure you can find this in-store too, but considering it goes for at least 12 bucks at regular retail price… I’d look online first. For a full, super comprehensive review, please see Mary’s review on Swatch and Learn here.
Do you have any of the OPI Designer Series polishes? I have been really impressed with the couple that I found in Montana, so if you have a favorite please let me know and I just may pick it up. As always thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!