I have been trying to put together a little series of Lady Gaga nails. I wasn’t going to post them yet because I’m about to start the 31 Day Challenge but then I thought- what the heck? We aren’t posting every day anyway so I’ll just post my Lady Gaga nails in between, depending on how many designs I come up with.
I want to start off by saying that my Lady Gaga series was inspired by one of the teens at my park. There was this teen boy who started coming to the park this year and he always brought his two younger brothers with him. This guy (teen) is 15 (turns 16 in just a few days!) so you KNOW he had other plans that he’d probably like to do but he brought his two little brothers (about 6 and…. 3?) to the park and always took the best care of them. You know how you can just be around a person for a little while and know they’re a really good, nice, and also fun person? Well that’s how I felt about this kid. I seriously just felt like if he was my age he’d be one of my best friends. He’s the coolest, nicest, sweetest kid, and I just love this guy. He’s awesome and a big Lady Gaga fan, so when I showed him my nails one day he mentioned that they looked kinda Lady Gaga-ish, and I told him maybe I’d do more Lady Gaga nails and he thought that was cool. I agreed, and so, here I am! He of course immediately found me approximately 3 billion pics of Lady Gaga and was like “Do something like this! Try something like this! File your nails into talons….” well, I’ll tell you what I’m not doing- having talons, but I did take the pictures he sent me and over the course of this series you’ll see what I came up with based on them. Enough of my blabbing, lets see the first nails!
Day One of Lady Gaga Nails- Yellow and Black Animal Print Nails
Click here to see the picture that inspired me.
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with 4-5 coats of L’Oreal Tweet Me (or do yourself a favor and find a more opaque version of that same color)
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow your nails to dry and harden.
- When nails are complete dry and hard, use BM 223 and Konad Special Black to stamp the zebra design on all but the accent nails.
- On the accent nails, use a black striper polish or a striper brush with black polish to add a wispy design to the nail. When you’re done with black, use silver to add just a few metallic accents.
- When the black and silver polish is dry, apply a final coat of Seche Vite and tweet me a pic!!
I hope by the time you all read this post the link for the picture is still live! I don’t want to post any pics that aren’t mine so that’s the only way of sharing my inspiration with you all. Let me know how you liked these nails! Thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!