Good Morning Polished People!!
I was just telling you all how I get my inspiration from all over the place and like to try nail looks that I see on other blogs, Pinterest, Beautylish, Instagram…. where ever. Well today I have some nails I was inspired to do after seeing some awesome nails done by becca84 on Instagram. You can search her name on Instagram and follow her to see some awesome nail art, and you can view and follow her blog here. Here are the nails that caught my eye:
I loved those half and half nails with the black lines in the middle. I just thought they looked so cool so I had to try them myself. Let’s see my version-
Blues and Black Half and Half Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint half of your nails with Color Club Factory Girl, and half with OPI Fly. I did this by painting one stripe of Factory Girl down one half of my nail, then painting another stripe of Fly down the other half. On my left hand I free-handed it and it turned out pretty perfect. On my right hand I painted the stripe of Factory Girl, let it dry, then taped that off and painted the other half with Fly but I think in the future I’ll just freehand both hands. You’re gonna cover the middle anyway so it doesn’t really matter if your middle lines are perfect or not.
- When both halves of all your nails are painted, apply a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it out and provide a nice smooth base for your striping.
- Use a striping polish or regular polish and a striping brush to kind of haphazardly paint a bunch of random stripes horizontally across your nails. You can vary the widths and lengths and give it a shaggy appearance.
- When all your nails are painted with the striping polish, apply Seche Vite in the direction that the stripes go (horizontally) to avoid streaking. Once that coat is dry, apply it in the regular way (cuticle to free edge) to provide a perfect top coat.
- Tag me on Instagram (@nicole_423) so I can see your version of my version of Becca’s version.
I was so pleased with myself after doing these nails!! I was half tempted to leave the striping matte but then I worried about wear so I shined em all up. I like it better shiny, actually. I am so thankful to Becca for sharing her nails- this is my new favorite design. In fact, I’m in my brother’s wedding next weekend and I just got permission to do my nails however I want so long as they are their wedding colors (purple and aqua) so I’m thinking about doing aqua and purple half and half nails with white in the middle and maybe some glitter….. I’ll be experimenting with nails this next week.
What do you think about these nails? Aren’t they awesome?! Do you use Instagram? Also- if you have any suggestions for my wedding nails, please let me know! I loooooooove suggestions!! Thank you all for reading, and till next time- Happy Polishing!!