Good Morning Everyone,
Today I have two sets of nails to show you. Ever since I did Maddy’s nails at work the girls have been asking me, “When can you do mine!?” almost every day. I keep telling them- first thing in the morning, but some kids still show up in the afternoon asking. Luckily, a couple of the girls were there in the morning yesterday and I was able to do their nails. As you’ll see they both chose pretty similar designs so I lumped them together in this post. Let’s see some cute little nails!
Audrey’s Sweet and Royal Nails
Audrey is a super cute little girl. She’s 6 years old and very particular about her art. This girl is likely going to grow up to be an artist. She always take her time (sometimes almost too much time!! haha) on her art and does a REALLY good job for a 6-year-old. You sometimes get kids who want to do art projects but then don’t want to finish them and end up kind of ruining them because they rush, well… not this girl. Als0- she’s just about the most adorable thing ever. She’s missing some teeth right now (gotta love that about 6 year olds) and she’s got the longest, curliest eye lashes. I asked her if I could have hers and she told me to buy them from a store. :-/ Haha.
How To Get Audrey’s Nails:
- Base coat. I used SH Hard As Nails on the kids.
- Paint your nails with Del Sol Girl’s Night Out (2 coats)
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow nails to dry thoroughly.
- When nails are dry and hardened, use BM 307 (cupcakes) and BM 304 (tiaras) and Konad special silver to stamp the design on the nails.
- Apply topcoat and go swing till your nails are dry. No smudging!!
Now next I have Kyla’s nails to show you. She’s 8 I believe (maybe 9) and such a nice girl. She’s always willing to help and is eager to please the older kids which sometimes gets her a little taken advantage of. They were trying to talk her into walking all the way home and bringing them all top ramen for lunch. They told her they’d give her money (yeah right!) so I was like, “Kyla doesn’t take CODs!!!” haha. She’s so nice with the littler kids and just a nice, nice, nice girl. She also love animals as you’ll see from her nails. Her little brother Amare is one of my favorites. He’s a super sweet and SMART little guy. He’s 7 and has a little mohawk right now. I love these kids.
Kyla’s Animal Princess Nails
I didn’t think about it in advance, but it’s pretty hard doing these little girls’ nails. They’re nail beds are so small that I have to do some work to a) steer them towards designs that will fit on their teeny nails and b) get the stamps on their little nails. The good thing is that even though the stamps are a little imperfect due to tiny nails and also being at a PARK on a PICNIC TABLE, the girls are still super impressed with their nails.
How To Get Kyla’s Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails with 2 coats of Del Sol Girl’s Night Out (it’s worth noting that this is a color-changing polish and will be anywhere between a coral-y pink and dark purple depending on the light level).
- Apply one coat of Seche Vite, and allow nails to dry thoroughly.
- When nails are dry and hardened, use stamp BM 323 (paw print) and BM 320 (crown) and Konad special white to stamp the designs on your nails.
- Add top coat and don’t smudge your nails! )
How do you like these little girls’ nails? Do you think I need to file their little nails before I paint them? I really don’t want to, due to hygienic reasons and also time, but they’re crookedy nails are kinda driving me nuts. I see why some of you don’t wrap your tips, it’s nearly impossible with super short and possibly chewed nails like these. As always, thanks for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!