Today I have a really fun manicure to show you. I saw some striped nails on Work/Play/Polish and was inspired to do something similar. Since I’m obsessed with neons lately, naturally I had to go with some super-bright shades. :) These were my favorite nails that I’ve worn recently. I think we should just look at them, don’t you?
Neon and Grey Striped Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Apply one opaque coat of white nail polish. I used my thickened up OPI Alpine Snow.
- Paint your nails half Essie Lights and half ChG I’m With The Lifeguard. I just free-handed the half-and-half nails, they were a little messy and uneven but it doesn’t really matter since you’ll be covering most of them up.
- Apply a coat of Seche Vite and allow to dry thoroughly.
- When your nails are completely dry, use the straight french manicure guards or a thin strip of tape to cover one strip of pink and one strip of green.
- When your tape is nice and adhered to your nails, use ChG Elephant Walk (from the On Safari collection) to paint the exposed parts of your nails.
- Immediately remove the french manicure guard stickers, but allow some drying time before applying your topcoat. When you polish over the stickers your polish might be a little thick and you don’t want it to smear over your neon stripes. :)
- Apply top coat (I use Seche Vite).
- Show off your bright yet neutral nails :)
What do you think of these nails? Do you do tape manis very often? I like dong a plain scotch tape manicure but if I’m being honest, these with the little strips kinda give me fits. You’ll hear more about that later on in the week when I show you the mani I’m wearing as I type this! ;) As always, thank you all for reading and commenting, and till next time- Happy Polishing!! :D