Good Morning Polished People!!
For those of you in the United States, tomorrow is Independence Day!! Usually my family would get together, have a BBQ, light fireworks, etc but this year I think we’ll just have dinner with my parents or maybe do something with my in-laws and keep it pretty low key. It’s kind of awkward on a Wednesday because everyone works the day before and the day after. Doesn’t really allow for much preparation or a very late night. Oh well. My poor doggies will probably be freaking out but thankfully it’s just one night a year. I’m sure they’ll live. To celebrate, I have some nails that are verrry patriotic and although they didn’t come out as well as I was hoping, I was still kinda pleased with them. You take a look and tell me what you think, ok?
Vintage Flag Nails
How To Get These Nails:
- Base coat.
- Paint your nails white. This time I used OPI Alpine Snow.
- Apply a coat of your favorite fast dry top coat. I like Seche Vite.
- Allow the white to dry thoroughly.
- When the white is dry, use tape to tape the tips of your nails off at a diagonal. You should be leaving the part closest to your cuticle bare, with the tips taped off.
- Use stamp SE22 and Cult Nails Time Traveler (or another opaque navy blue) to stamp the stars design onto each nail.
- Give the stars a few minutes to dry, and then carefully tape them off (cover them with tape, lining the edge of the tape up with the edge of the stars). I used blue painter’s tape because the adhesive is a little more gentle than scotch tape. If you use scotch, make sure that you stick it to your hand a few times to remove some of the stickiness. Instead of tape, you could even use post-it notes, you don’t need it to seal, only to prevent the next stamp from getting onto your stars.
- When your stars are taped off, use stamp RA106 and SH Rapid Red to stamp on the wavy design.
- Give the red a second to dry, then carefully apply your topcoat.
- Show yo’ friends!
I was disappointed with these nails because the red stamp in particular didn’t pick up or transfer as well as I wanted it to. These are very un-stamping-queen-like nails However, if you look at them as “vintage” it makes sense! Haha. The faded red looks vintage so… that’s what I went with. I don’t know if the polish didn’t pick up well due to the stamp or if I was too slow so it dried and therefore didn’t transfer… but it was disappointing. I’m kinda sad about these nails. I had such high hopes… and such a crappy result. Let’s face it- it’s practically a disasticure. :-/
What kind of nails are you going to wear for the Fourth? Do any of you do anything too exciting? To people in countries besides the US, what are on your nails today? As always thank you all for reading and till next time- Happy Polishing!!!